Actively learning both Ruby & Python. Currently uses Perl on a daily basis at my job. I will try to post my adventures to Github –> https://github.com/skillachie
[23 March 2012] – Have done a few personal projects , have not pushed them to Github yet. Will do soon.
In summary lead system administrator in a lab of over 50 computers & servers. During my time I completed the following projects:
- Installed & configured Pfsense ( http://www.pfsense.org/ ) firewall with WAN, LAN and DMZ interfaces to replace old IP Filter firewall system running on FreeBSD 4.9
- Deployed VMware Vsphere on 2 Sunfire X4450 Servers and configured VMware Vcenter. Migrated physical servers to our virtual infrastructure.
- Racked and Configured 2 Sans Digital EliteNAS EN104L+XE using Openfiler (http://www.openfiler.com/) with a total capacity of 8TB. Created Raid 5 volumes used by Vsphere via ISCSI. Also used by Windows servers for storing packages, os, images etc.
- Configured the following roles on new Windows 2003 & 2008 domain controller: DNS, Active Directory, Windows Deployment Services and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit amongst others.
- Configured 15 node HPC cluster using (http://www.rocksclusters.org/wordpress/) . Installed and configured Abaqus( http://www.3ds.com/products/simulia/overview/ ) and Fluent ( http://www.ansys.com/Products/Simulation+Technology/Fluid+Dynamics )
Done a variety of other projects. Will try to keep this list updated as I go a long.